This policy was last updated on 6 October 2020.
Collection of personal information
Bigweld may collect personal and sensitive information about you for daily operational purposes. This information includes your:
• date of birth
• contact number
• email address
• shipping and billing addresses
• transactional history
• goods and service preferences
• business or employer details and
• If you are a job applicant for our company, we will collect your resume and other information set out in our recruitment process. This information can include all of the above, your working eligibility, educational qualifications, employment history and your referees' details.
How we collect personal information
We may collect your personal information if you:
• access our website, including via cookies
• register your details via creating a Bigweld online account
• purchase or order any product from us (by phone, in person, digitally or any other means)
• contact us to request a quote or inquiry about our goods and services, to request a return or refund, make a complaint or give feedback (by phone, in person, digitally or any other means)
• visit our store via our security cameras
• if you hire equipment from us (including gas cylinders, machines), which may also involve a third party agent
• subscribe to our mailing lists
• if you are one of our suppliers or manufacturers, or in association with our supply of goods and services
• are a candidate for employment. We also collect information about you from your nominated referees if authorised to do so.
Use of personal information
Bigweld uses your personal information for purposes necessary in operating our business, including to provide goods and services to you. Bigweld may collect your personal information to:
• maintain and improve the functionality of the Website, goods and services
• to provide advice in relation to our goods and services
• to respond to enquiries, contact orders and feedback
• to deliver your order to you, and assist us in the development of our new goods and services
• to maintain our relationship with you
• to conduct certain transaction types such as refunds, returns and exchanges
• to manage customer traffic online and in our store
• to assist us, our suppliers, related and/or third party companies with loss prevention or legal purposes including investigation of any potential, suspected or breaches of law.
• register and maintain your online user account and to verify your identity and age
• to manage your employment at Bigweld
• for purposes related directly to any of the above points
Disclosure of information
Bigweld may share relevant information with other companies if their service is required and/or requested by you, including our suppliers or manufacturing companies etc. If this occurs, the other company is only permitted to use your information to carry our the service you requested. They are required to ensure your personal information is safe by following the privacy laws and guidelines.
Your personal information is solely used for the purposes described in this policy. Bigweld does not sell personal information to any other individuals or groups. Personal information is not disclosed to other individuals, companies or groups unless given your consent, where required by law or to any person authorised by such law (including government departments, police etc).
Third-party web sites
Access to personal information
You have the right under Australian privacy legislation to request access to all personal information Bigweld stores about you. You may access or correct some personal data including your name, date of birth, contact details and shipping and billing addresses by logging into your online account on the Website and clicking "My Account" near the top right corner of any webpage.
If you are unable to correct your personal data manually online, please request to correct or access such personal data by calling us, emailing us or by submitting a request to our Contact Us page. We may request additional information from you to verify your identity before making such corrections.
Bigweld will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time period, and no later than 30 days after the request was made.
Bigweld makes reasonable efforts to terminate or de-identify personal information that is no longer required.
Unsubscribing or deleting an account
To unsubscribe from our mailing lists, please email, call or Contact Us.
To remove your account, please request this by calling, emailing or submitting a request to our Contact Us page. We will process your request within a reasonable time period no later than 30 days after the request was made. Upon completing the process, we will no longer collect, use, store and/or disclose your personal information, except the extent of retaining it for regulatory or legal purposes.
Marketing and advertising
If authorised to do so, Bigweld may send you marketing messages via email or SMS to update you on our goods and services, and any promotions we may have.
Changes to this Policy
Please call us, email us or send an inquiry via our Contact Us page to make a query, request or complaint. Bigweld strives to deal with all communications promptly and fairly.